Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tenacious forgiveness... (fb)

Today is a good day.  My calendar says I get to eat Indian food with Neil.  He is my most intense friend, living life with a tenacity that is rarely modeled.  His level of discipline and focus is extraordinary when he commits to a goal.  He is in his 50's and competes in endurance sports, often successfully smoking the best of the 20 and 30-somethings.

Today is a good day.  My devotional reading was based on Matthew 5:44 "love your enemies..." and told a reconciliation story.  When a body is healed we call it a miracle- unfortunately we often ignore festering relational wounds that have infected the Body.  My friends have been through a battle and they are still married - it's a miracle worth shouting from the rooftops.

Today is a good day.  I am reminded that kindness, gentleness, and humility characterize Jesus and those that know him best.  And I am committed to pursue a heart that is quick to forgive, quick to reconcile, slow to judge, slow to criticize - with the tenacity that Neil trains for a bike race let me pursue forgiveness.


0 comments:

Post a Comment