Monday, September 21, 2009

A bizarre Saturday- first, second, and third stanzas (fb)

Four a.m. – protein, cream, pills, calories, nerves

I’m driving now and Phil Rice puts my focus on the right things- faith rises up
“Consuming fire burn, burn in me; jealous lover run, come running after me”

Stripped almost naked, it’s raining and cold and I wait.

Thrown into the water, chaos, bodies everywhere- my nose must be bleeding but I have to keep going; a shot to the forehead, press on, rhythm, peaceful
“Consuming fire burn, burn in me; jealous lover run, come running after me”

I’m on the machine now, cold, anxious, getting wetter, legs start to burn, is this some sick joke or are we all cranking to power some electrical outlet in the sky?  Over and over- “Consuming fire burn, burn in me; jealous lover run, come running after me”

Off the machine,  water everywhere, running now, trying to smile, trying to think of anything but the nausea- confirmed theory that you gain strength by encouraging others.  “You got this”  “You’re lookin’ good” Suddenly I’m stronger.
“Consuming fire burn, burn in me; jealous lover run, come running after me” 

I literally feel HIS presence and I am full of joy and my eyes fill with tears.  He’s walking, he’s hurting, Tex the rodeo man.  “Come on dude, we got this”  We’re together, one mile, another.   The sign on her butt says “Becky.”  She senses community and wants in on the banter.  Final encouragement from Tex, Becky’s gone- just me-
“Consuming fire burn, burn in me; jealous lover run, come running after me” 

Carpet, banners, people who love me, sunshine, people who love me, chocolate milk, people who love me.

1 comments:

Mirela said...

Did you just finish a Triathlon?! That is INCREDIBLE! Congratulations Lance, to keep you mentally on it, you got to be so focused! Phil Rice's words of truth and lots of people cheering you on kept you going. So cool! Is Ironman next? :)

Post a Comment